Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Oh. Yes.

So, I did it. I bought tickets to the Stevie Wonder concert. I just had to do it. My amazing host mom actually helped me out a lot. The ticket window (which is in the giant trainstation near my house) didn't open til 10 and it closes at 3. My classes are from 9:20 - 3:35 + an hour train ride home. She went to one station, they were out of tickets, then called a different station that still had tickets left and got them for me. I have to pay her back, but it's still so nice of her.


No matter how hard I try (with exception for one day.) I can't get to school "on time." No, I am not late, I am always extremely early. In our student center type area, there's a bunch of computers where you can use the internet so I usually go there to try and check email. Everytime, there's this annoying Japanese girls who just sit in front of the computers and don't use them. Then they put their bags at the other ones next to them so you can't get to them. They also do this in the computer labs. It's hard to tell if they are that persons, or someone elses stuff so it's always awkward asking if someone is sitting there. It's so annoying! Also, whenever I am going to a train, people walk so slow! This is partially my fault as I tend to walk "swiftly" but seriously, they go at a snails pace. Every morning there's a huge hill I walk up to get to school and since all the girls here wear ridiculous boot-high-heels (not to mention how every girl here is extremely pigeon toed and bow legged), they not only walk slow, but they can't walk straight. They kind of just wobble from side to side, kind of like they are weaving through cones that aren't really there. This results in my crashing into them frequently. It's not just me, in case you were wondering. All the exchange students seem to have this problem.

Other than that, everything is still really fun, really exciting, and really "new". This is definitely a trip that I needed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The reason you walk swiftly is because of all the "spped walking imitation" we did when you were younger.