Monday, January 22, 2007

Oh. No.

I was afraid I'd come to Japan and miss out on a lot of things happening in Chicago. For instance, word on the street WAS that Stevie Wonder had been planning a US tour, I knew this meant that I'd show up in Japan and he'd perform in Chicago and never go back. Fortunately that's not true and he's not going to Chicago...he's coming to Nagoya. That is where I currently reside. What the hell? I happened to catch a commercial for it on TV. Tickets are 11,000 Yen. That's roughly $110 USD which is probably about the same they'd be in the US. The problem is they're only purchasable via an auction in a pair, the current running price is between $250 and $280. Do I bite the bullet and just buy tickets, bring a friend and ask him to pay whatever he wants? I've been in a Stevie Wonder "phase" for over a year now. I passed up on Mitch Hedberg, he died. I passed up on Ray Brown, he died. Jimmy Smith, died. WHAT DO I DO????




Next Blog: Japanese people want to make me late for things/don't like Americans using the computer at school.

2 comments:

LoLo said...

ok 1. you have to go to the concert. that is fate screaming at you loud and clear. 2. whats with the racism in japan? that would never fly in the usa. well at least not with japanese people. right?

Susanna said...

you have to go!! obviously it's bad luck not to!! do you really wanna be reasonable for another death michael??