Friday, February 23, 2007

The Bottom of a W

So now that I've had these wonderful two months of good luck. (I am pretty sure they were kind some "greater power" saying "I know I've given you a bunch of shit over the past 7 or 8 years, but if you redeem your tickets now, you'll get two months of fun!") Well it all came to an end literally the day after the Stevie concert when I felt a slight tingle in my throat. 30 seconds later (when calculated in dog-years) my face pretty much appeared to be melting. I currently have the absolutely worst cold I have ever had in my life. It's not the kind of thing that's sending me to my knees, contemplating a return home, or long sobbing phone calls to my family, but it does kind of suck. It was so intense this afternoon, that I left school early. I ditched out on Sumie. SUMIE, the best class in the world! I couldn't get the energy to go to a class where you paint leaves and bamboo in one stroke. So basically, I've got my eye on your cold. Watch you ass.

Now, I don't dislike Japan or anything like that, but I figure now is a good time to express things I don't like/reasons why I think I got sick...

1) Japanese people do not wash their hands. Ever. (except maybe after they cook)
2) When Japanese people DO wash their hands, they don't use soap (Not using soap would be "okay" if they spent time scrubbing, but they do a quick dip then call it a day.)
3) The trains in Japan get so packed that you're constantly face to face with people.
4) When Japanese people get colds they all wear these masks, much like those surgeon masks, and I have a feeling when you're face to face with them, it actually does the opposite of what the mask is used for. I mean come on, this big mask full of the person's breath, germs, it's slightly wet from breathing on it all morning, and it's RIGHT there. It's like a breeding ground for "sick". When a safe distance away, I could see it's purpose, but I mean, face to face...ugh. (I take the train at LEAST 2 times a day.)
5) When people get sick in Japan, they all go out and pretend they aren't sick. Sick days are kind of a "no-no".

That's all for now I guess. I am starting to get a low grade fever which sucks, but don't think I won't take this son of a bitch without a fight. If I had my olive leaf extract on hand it'd be completely destroyed. It's like a sucker-punch-of-a-cold if you ask me, get me when my back is turned. That's ok, I've got Airborne AND Zycam AND a lot of TV shows I can download off of Itunes incase I decide to not go out this weekend. Hopefully this isn't payback for when I made fun of my old roommate for blowing his nose so hard that he vomited into his hands (I mean, COME ON! It happened TWICE!). I REALLY hope this isn't payback.



Fashionable eh?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If your face is one of the ones with the mask on I don't think it melted, I think it caught fire. The cold is just payback because you are having the time of your life and I am stuck in the Midwest. Have no fear, the cold will end soon and you will be on your next adventure. By the way, yourr roommate blowing his nose hard enough to vomit deserved to be made fun of.

Dad said...

I think you would look good in a mask. Maybe you should try one.