Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tomato

I grade a lot of papers for the other teachers, they're often busy and I have time to grade stuff. It's actually pretty relaxing sometimes and it's fun to see what my students write about.

Today my students had to summarize a short essay they read about food migration. Most students wrote about 2 paragraphs... but there was one paper that just had three sentences on it that I found refreshing.

"Europeans brought tomatoes to North America. But the Native Americans grew tomatoes along the Atlantic coast to make for sightseeing and not eating. I think this is very insult to tomatoes."


My favorite part was that there was nothing about Native Americans growing tomatoes along the Atlantic coast for sightseeing in the essay at all.

-Mike

1 comment:

Dad said...

Does she/he have a great imagination or lousy translation skills? What grade did you give him/her?