Friday, January 15, 2010

Photos of the Snow




So the top photo is of the area I live in, Urasa. If you watch the last shot of the first video I made, tripping and skipping to Japan. You'll see, in the very last shot, the lush mountains and rice fields from the exact same spot. Now it's bare, white, and empty.

Next is a photo of me standing next to some snow piles next to my apartment. Damn I look good.

The last is my car after only 3 hours of snow. It's been snowing for 36 hours since the photo was
taken and it's still snowing hard...

Since I was young I wondered if there could be thunder and lightening during a snowstorm... I now know that, yes, there can be. During a snowstorm there was very loud thunder and very bright blue flashes of lightening. It was something else. This has got to be one of the strangest places I've ever been to. I love every minute of it.

Wanna see MORE photos? Good, I took a lot more...

go here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohmalarkey/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Does it ever stop snowing there? Does it ever completely melt between storms?

Susanna said...

I love your pictures so much! I can't believe that is you standing next to a snow pile. That place is insane!! At least the giant bees are gone.

Jana said...

All our snow just melted ... we've only been sledding once this entire season. Guess we need to come visit to get some good sledding in ...