Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Can't Sleep

It's almost 1 am and I can't sleep. There are some things on my mind and so I did something that I don't usually do, I wrote a poem. Please read the whole thing it's not long and it'd mean a lot to The Morning After
By Michael Malarkey

I must say goodbye to you

My feelings for you are no longer
For you are no longer what you were
You are cold to the touch
And the beads of water cling to you

I believed I’d want you more for days to come
One night was not enough
You filled me to the brim with your warmth and spice
However, now I can do nothing but look at you with disgust and guilt
And the beads of water drip down you

What once was warm, soft, smooth
Is now cold, hard, winkled
You quiver in my hand drained of all self-confidence
And the beads of water run down you

The smell of you teased me, flaring my nostrils
You made my mouth water and beg for more
Now your smell is grey and makes my mouth feel dry
And the beads of water sit around you

You danced in my mouth for some time
The atmosphere where we met has once again deceived me
You weren’t what I wanted
You weren’t what I needed
You abused me from the inside

Leftover Szechwan Spicy Beef with Broccoli in Garlic Flavor Sauce my feelings for you are no more.
But this Mu Shu Pork looks like it's fine.

If you read it twice, it might make more sense...

Don't think I'm toooooooo weird, I just thought it was funny at 1 am... Anyway, I'm editing down my video footage from my Osaka trip so get ready for another video in the coming weeks... whoever reads this.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you are sad that I am the first to comment. But even without the humurous ending it is a great poem. But really sorry you can't sleep.

Mike M. said...

Haha I actually wanted to write a poem that if I heard someone read I'd be embarrassed for them... something that I'd say "oh goooooooooooood." But make it about Chinese food instead of some one night stand or something... I don't know. I just find Chinese food funny.

Unknown said...

Ok I am still waiting on the video or are your hands too cold to create it.

Dad said...

It was a moment of passion,
lost and cold now,
devoid of the intensity you once shared,
it is headed for the eternal void

but do not fear it will be replaced
by another of equal fire and ice

Susanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susanna said...

Hahaha i loved it!! I had the exact reaction you wanted until you got to the end pretty much. I was like "ok this has got to be about something funny" so I was trying to figure it out as I read but didn't guess right. So good!!