Friday, July 24, 2009

I am off.

I am moving to Niigata for the next year or two.



In Niigata I'll be in Minamiuonuma it's this darker spot on the map.




Here is my schedule at this point: Fly to Tokyo from Chicago. Spend two days in Tokyo listening to orientation lecture things (which I don't cope well with. Some people should never be given microphones.)
Take the train to Niigata and meet everyone at my contracting organization and put things down in my room. (I won't be moving into to my apartment yet, I will spend a week in a hotel since my predecessor's schedule overlaps one week with mine... although I'm starting to think this might just be a very clever quarantine for swine flu that they are forcing on random folks.)

Following that, for about 50 weeks I'll help teach English at 3 high schools... that's that. I don't really know what else happens.

All I know at this point about where I'm going is that I have enough pairs of socks and that, my friend, is a comforting feeling no matter where you are going.

No comments: