Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Case of the Shakes...

I woke up this morning at 9:40. "Why?" you ask? Because there was an earthquake of course! It was probably the least scary natural disaster I've encoutered because it was pretty weak (4.0). However, north of me where it "really struck" it was 7.0 which is pretty pretty heavy. But still, it was a very strange feeling, I woke up and the room was shaking and I thought "WHO IS DOING THAT!!!!" and I was kind of angry, then I realized what was going on and just stared at the shaking light and though "this CAN'T REALLY be an earthquake..." I stared more, after about 30 seconds it was done and I completely passed back out. When I woke up and went out of my room, my host parents were gathered around the TV and said "There was a big earthquake North of here, I can't believe we didn't feel it." "I felt it!" "Hahahaha, no you didn't" "Yes. Yes I did." "No, we would have woken up..." then we had guests over and the first thing they said was "Did you feel the earthquake this morning?" I turned to my host mom and said "IN! YOUR! FACE!!!!!!!" I didn't say that. I mildly though it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A trip to Japan would not be complete without at least a small earthquake. I mean you got to go to the Fertility Festival, so you had to feel an earthquake so you would experience all that Japan has to offer.