Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Strippin Down...

It's official.

I'm strippin down and shovin some dudes.

I turned in my application for the "Naked Man Shoving Festival" on March 3rd.
Though I won't be fully nude I will be most of the way there. Wearing nothing but a loin cloth-esque thing (though, no wedgie like the sumos, my tush will be covered, I think.) and some special shoes. I will likely drink a lot of sake (it's the tradition) and then get hot wax poured on me from a giant giant candle... (this is starting to sound different than it really is...) and then I'll jump into a freezing bath of water through hole cut in some ice where I will proceed to pray in Japanese and then I'll join the massive shoving orgy of men trying to get into the temple.

This tradition goes back about a thousand years and I will surely leave a piece of Michael Malarkey history this year.

Funny thing is, the event costs about 50 bucks to join... what does this money go to? A uniform... for the NAKED man shoving festival... they always get ya with SOMETHING.

-Mike

3 comments:

Dad said...

I think you may have been in Japan too long! Don't get hurt.

Unknown said...

I:m interested in finding out who you are. I live in Niigata also, my name is Eric H LaCore (please look for me on facebook)

I was also at the Naked Shoving Festival btw

Unknown said...

Adding to the tradition of crazy things Malarkeys and Moseleys do...